Monday, February 13, 2012

Commuting

Every day I say a little prayer as I get into my car to go to work.

I never realized the many unknowns that plaque our roads until I started commuting.

1st week commuting down south, I saw this motorist zoom by and said to myself "I hope he's careful"

Driving so ever carefully I was, trying to make sure I wasn't side swapped and kept my distance from the vehicle in front of me and kept another eye on the vehicle behind.  I wasn't in the mood to get rear ended either.

It couldn't have been more than 20 minutes or so, the cars started slowing down, I could see anything...

What could have happened to have caused this backup?

As my car glided towards Sample Road, there it was, the motorcycle; there he was, the young man with the backpack. On the ground lifeless.  I was speechless, I had just saw him zoom past my car and there he was on the road, body, lifeless.

Everyday, on my journey down south, I say a prayer. Not just for me but for all of those whose intention is to go and return to their loved ones.

Everyday, on my journey down south, I say a prayer.  Not just for me to exercise patience, but for those sharing the road with be as cautious.

Every day I say a little prayer as I get into my car to go to work.

That I make it home to see my kids...

God is my shield and for him I continue to commute.

No comments:

Post a Comment