Its funny when you think about...
How many Engineers does it take to fix an espresso machine? Having espresso in the morning, after lunch and when you start to feel drowsy at work is the norm. It seems that once the machine stops functioning my colleagues and I seem to be at a lost.
Today was no different. What made this worse, was that the machine was changed by the vendor and we were not familiar with it like the old one.
So, as one engineer was pressing the front panel buttons, another was pulling out a tray to dump the ground coffee beans. Still it did not work.
Myself, I stood and insisted the grounded bean container wasn't the error. While my colleague, turn off the machine and then on in hopes that it will work. Still it did not work.
The 'cheat sheet' left by the vendor looked like Latin, we couldn't decipher what the icons meant or what to open and close that would make the machine work. So, another engineer tried shaking the coffee beans container. Still it did not work.
Low and behold, a light bulb came on. The button pressing engineer, press a button on the side. It opened to reveal a weird apparatus looking thing. He blew at it, shook it and cleaned it, then placed it back and closed the little door. Wait...the error light...it changed back to green. It worked!
It took 4 engineers to troubleshoot a 2 x 3 rectangle looking espresso machine. Thank goodness, it worked; otherwise, it would have been a loooong day.
Hi Timecca,
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by! Espresso makes the world go round at my office. I really appreciated the comments from everyone which helped my reconfigure the material on my blog. I really enjoyed your blog as well as the timeline you created with you sweetheart and kids, it was very personable.
I too look forward to us working together!
Tinu