Hello!
Well, my name is Tinúade Peña, but everyone calls me "Tinú" so feel free to follow suit. I am originally from Washington, D.C. but has had the pleasure of living in Lagos, Nigeria for about 13years where I obtained my primary and secondary education.
I have attended a few Universities in the US primarily due to my service in the Army which meant a lot of moving but has made Royal Palm Beach, Florida my home State after the end my tenure. I am a mother of two teenagers, Miguel and Eleana with our family pet, Kyle making three... So you can imagine the horror I am going through ... (just kidding)
![]() |
| From left: Miguel, Kyle,Tinu & Elly |
I obtained my Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering with a minor in Business Administration about 6 years ago, so I decided to pursue my Master Degree of Science in Project Management after being laid off in 2009 with hopes of improving my competitive edge in the Civil Engineering or other fields. I have since starting this program gain employment with a Concession on a P3 project (P3 = Public-Private-Partnership) which is fast paced and requires a great deal of mental alertness.
AD 648 will be my 7th Class with Boston University Online and with the hustling & bustling of work, home improvement projects, kids plus school... I have very few "me-time", so any "me-time" I get, I maximize my "sleep-time" (which never last long because the kids still wake me up, just to say good morning and ask for breakfast).
AD 648 will be my 7th Class with Boston University Online and with the hustling & bustling of work, home improvement projects, kids plus school... I have very few "me-time", so any "me-time" I get, I maximize my "sleep-time" (which never last long because the kids still wake me up, just to say good morning and ask for breakfast).
Anyways, this year I have decided to prepare myself to experience new things which means better managing my time and having fun with my family and friends.
While this may sound odd, I am taking time now to teach myself how to ride a bicycle (I know what you are thinking....), so far I have fallen twice (no bruises, thank goodness) barely missed a concrete light pole, mailbox and fire hydrant. So this weekend I hope to continue mastering the art of cycling and wish I am steady enough to keep the bike going in a straight line (without hitting anything or falling)
While this may sound odd, I am taking time now to teach myself how to ride a bicycle (I know what you are thinking....), so far I have fallen twice (no bruises, thank goodness) barely missed a concrete light pole, mailbox and fire hydrant. So this weekend I hope to continue mastering the art of cycling and wish I am steady enough to keep the bike going in a straight line (without hitting anything or falling)
Regardless, I look forward to the upcoming discussions, team project and wishing you all good luck in this course.
Ciao!
Tinú

Ok, I have taken the first step into blogging. Not bad! Time to retire for the day...Part of being ready for new experiences is getting up at 5:30am to exercise. I guess you can call it getting back to my military physical training roots ;)
ReplyDeleteCiao!
Tinu
Hi Tinu!!
ReplyDeleteNice to meet you. I really like the background image for your blog. A suggestion I would have for the blog would be to add more pictures (kids, dog, etc) or possibly a video. As the saying goes, " a picture is worth a thousand words" :)
Congratulations on taking the initiative to teach your self how to ride a bike. Once you learn you will never forget - or so they say- I haven't been on a bike in years.
I look forward to getting to know you better as the class progresses.
Hi Lisa,
DeleteThanks for the suggestions, I will definitely add more pictures and try my hand at making a video.
I have shy away from blogging these past years and I have to say I enjoyed setting this one up. So it very interesting that my class is bring me full circle into the world of social media.
Looking forward to getting to know you better as well.
Thanks, for stopping by
Ciao!
Tinu
Tinú,
ReplyDeleteGood day fellow servicemember! I was in the Marine Corps for eight years and I also remember the hustle and the moving around while attending classes. I think I went through 6 universities before finally getting my BS in Social Science. I agree with Lisa, add some pictures and some gadgets. Maybe add some pictures on the sidebars. Your introduction was excellent and it made me smile. Good luck in the class!
Glad to meet you Allison; I served for 5 years and fortunately received my 1st degree an AS in computer science before I ended my tenure. It was quite an ordeal when I had to transfer credits. I plan on adding more pictures and thanks for the comments. Good luck to you too. :)
DeleteCiao!
Tinu
Hi Tinu,
ReplyDeleteI first chose this background, so I must give you major points for that. I feel that your text is very good and gives a well rounded introduction to yourself. It is impressive that you're learning how to ride a bike now. A life lesson of bike riding is to always get back up and keep trying. What do you do in your "spare time"? Have you gone on any fun trips with your children? Photos of those would be interesting to add. I am a very visual person so any additional photos for videos would add value to your blog.
Look forward to working with you!
Hi Kate,
DeleteI am into interior design and enjoy home improvement project, so I was drawn to this background instantly. I agree with you regarding the life lesson, my kids were more concerned about me falling than I was. Presently, my spare time has been taken over by the remolding project I started in mt home. I have restore 2 of the 3 rooms and pretty much have to work in phases to get anything done. This year, I have plans on going to the Bahamas for a weekend cruise and depending on work, we maybe taking a road trip to Georgia to visit the stone hedge. I will be post more picture and possibly a video or 2.
Looking forward to working with you as well.
Ciao!
Tinu
Hello Tinu,
ReplyDeleteI looove your blog. It is so elegant, stylish and peaceful.And at the same time it is highly organized as well. I can feel the touch of the project manager. The only thing is missing is the background music.
I understand you about your home " horror". My little sister is in the same situation but in addition to that they have a cat with 2 kittens.
Hi Alfia,
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comments, I will search for a background music that represents the feel of this blog shortly. Its quite a handful having to deal with puberty right now; I hope it will ease in due time.
Look forward to getting to know you!
Ciao!
Tinu
Tinu,
ReplyDeleteI was thinking about sounds like wind, water , etc, or even French music of 1950s, Flamenco, Tango. I have a nice song of Argentinian singer --Natalia Oreiro, I can e-mail you if you want. And i nice retro clock as a gadget will look good as well with some wisdom or happiness quotes ( gadgets).
Hi Douglas,
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by my blog and the compliment on my page design. Welcome to the class, and I will be stopping your blog to get to know more about you. Good luck in the class.
Ciao!
Tinu
Good morning Tinu!
ReplyDeleteHow is the weather like in Florida? It is snowing a lot in New York today. It is nice meeting you! Thank you for your compliment on my blog the other day!
I find you blog very cozy and I feel like I am home talking to you. I think it is the background and your pictures making me feel that way!
Looking forward to working with you! :)
Hi Kathy,
ReplyDeleteThe today's weather was nice. The sky was so clear and the clouds white. You know, living in the Florida distorts the reality that there is snow elsewhere at the time of the year. Stay warm!
That's for the constructive comments, there are greatly appreciated and I look forward to working with you as well.
Ciao!
Tinu
Tinu,
ReplyDeleteYou've designed a really great blog! I'm new to blogging, and it is hard for me to identify what can be improved on a blog, and I really didn't see anything that would need to be corrected or improved.
The one thing I thought about while surfing through your blog was it would be neat if you had a blog just about your time in the military with some pictures to look at.
Eli
Hi Stan,
ReplyDeleteThanks a great idea. While I could write about it I just realized I don't have that many pictures to post. I will go digging for what I have and add to the blog.
Thanks,
Tinu
Hi Tinu!! You've done a wonderful job on your blog - I especially like the background, and also the list on the right side with interesting stuff about you. I'm thinking I may go back and add such a feature to mine :) I've also taken your advice that you left on my blog, so stop back by and check it out when you get a few minutes. I'd love to hear what you think about it.
ReplyDelete